We are big time rice eaters. In fact, Tara prefers rice for both lunch and dinner. So one pot rice is something that I make daily. I make this when I don’t have any great veggies in my refrigerator. It’s simple and has a rich taste.
1. 3/4 cup rice
2. 1 small onion, sliced
3. 1 clove of garlic, sliced
4. 4 tbsp chopped mixed nuts – cashews and pistachios
5. 2 tbsp raisins
6. Salt to taste
7. Dry spices – a cardamom, 2 cloves, 1/2 tsp fennel and a bay leaf
8. 2 tbsp Ghee
9. 1/4 cup yoghurt
10. Pinch of saffron
1. Heat ghee in a pan and roast the dry spices.
2. Add sliced onion, raisins, chopped nuts and garlic.
3. Add washed rice, salt and yoghurt with saffron mixed in it.
4. Add water to cook the rice. Cover and cook until done.