I had about 8 apples lying in the fruit basket so I decided to do apple French toast yesterday. I had some amazing Organic cocoa powder too so why not add that ! The toast came out brown because of the addition of cocoa so I served it to Tara as muddy puddle toast and kept her Peppa and George figurines on top.
- 1/4 cup grated apple
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 egg white or use whole egg if you prefer
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Butter to shallow fry
- In a bowl, whisk together an egg white (or whole egg), milk, cocoa, ground cardamom and grated apple.
- Heat a pan and grease it with butter.
- Dip each slice of bread in the prepared mixture and shallow fry.
- Cut in slices and serve with maple syrup or fruits.